Uniforms are required for HSA students (ages 2 and up). At HSA, we want to instill the notion that school and learning is important. The common phrase “dress for success” is practiced here as students can easily learn their morning routine including getting dressed.
Other reasons we believe in uniforms include:
· Uniforms cost less overall.
· By eliminating the focus of dress, students can find more productive and creative outlets to express their individualism.
· Student attendance improves.
· Uniforms promote a more studious environment.
· Students take less time to get ready in the morning.
· Children are free to concentrate on lessons.
· Uniformity promotes a reduction of violence in schools.
· Students are not judged by the “fashion police.”
· Uniforms can be reused and recycled.
· School intruders are more easily identified in a school of uniformed children.
Former President Clinton is perhaps the most famous and influential advocate of school uniform. In a March 1996 speech he said: “If it means that the schoolrooms will be more orderly and more disciplined, and that our young people will learn to evaluate themselves by what they are on the inside instead of what they’re wearing on the outside, then our [schools] should be able to require their students to wear uniforms.”
*Uniforms can be purchased at the school. Call for pricing and more information.